There are many ways to support SIES. Because we are a nonprofit organization, we love donations of money. The Town of Swan's Island donates $12,000 each year to support library and historical collections services for the community. The remainder of our budget needs to be raised through donations and grants. Monetary donations are fully deductible according to IRS regulations.
How to Volunteer
Volunteers keep our organization running. Visit our volunteer page for more information.
Your donation is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Please contact your tax preparer or accountant for answers to questions you may have about your financial gift to SIES.
A credit card may be used to make a financial contribution using our PayPal account. For this convenience, PayPal charges a fee that will reduce your gift by approximately 2.5%.
Swans Island Educational Society
PO Box 12
Swans Island, ME 04685
Other ways to support us
- Our Amazon Wish List holds items that we would like to have for our collections or programs. You can help us by purchasing items from this list. These items are sent directly to us and crossed off the list automatically.
- Speaking of shopping on Amazon -- shop through the Amazon Smile program and Amazon will donate to SIES. Just select us as your charity of choice.
- Shop at our store -- at the library or online.
- Purchase books through Betterworld Books and we will receive a percentage of the sale.
- Donate your returnable bottles and cans using Clynk. Pick up a bag with our code on it at the library, fill it with your returnables, and drop it off at a Hannaford store.